Our Statement of Objectives
The Department’s objectives, which are in line with national objectives for tertiary education and the University expectations, are as outlined below.
- To provide cost-effective training of students at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- To train personnel in support of national development policies and programmes of decentralization, rationalization of planning services and grassroots development;
- To improve access of women to programmes in the Department at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- To intensify DoP’s extra mural activities through distance education, continuing education and provision of further assistance to needy communities and districts;
- To provide in-service training needs tailored to meet the requirements of sectoral ministries, Regional Coordinating Councils, District Assemblies, parastatals, various private sector organizations including NGO’s, through continuing education;
- andTo gradually localize postgraduate training by increasing intake of students to enable them specialize in fields critical to overall national development and economic management.